What we uncovered in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, is that it’s paramount to move out of our silos by leveraging resources, best practices and partnerships between the public and private sectors. We will go further together as one united community leadership team to connect, inspire, unify and rebuild our community.
CORE Foundation is proud to serve the community during this difficult time. If you are a business, community non-profit leader or leader with a resource to give or a challenge to overcome, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and join the alliance.
- Manned no contact storage pods in local shopping centers with a force of over 100 volunteers addressing food insecurity
- Provided over 2000 pantry items for Cornerstones and the SouthLakes Food Pantry
- Offered bike transportation for Patrick Henry Shelter residents to work
- Provided 326 PPE Items for Reston Hospital
- Gifted superhero themed at-home “Recess in a Box” kits to encourage active play for children in local homeless shelters
- Providing over 7,000 weekend food bags to local elementary students with Helping Hungry Kids
- Delivering critical meal bags to shut in senior citizens bi weekly
- Assisting teachers in need of resources through the CK Fund
- Providing virtual after school activities like stem and college prep services
- Offering free mentoring to underserved middle and high school students
- Gifting care packages to kids battling cancer
- Providing desks to needy kids in community
Restoration Church, YMCA of Reston, Cornerstones, The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, Patient First, Reston Hospital Center, Helping Hungry Kids (also a CORE Cause), UNITS, and Shelter Place. If you would like to become part of this effort, please email email@example.com!
We are a village, and together we WILL thrive. Let’s rise and pull together as a collaborative community and be the change.
If you would like to make a donation in response to COVID-19, please consider making a DONATION HERE.